Scholarships by State
Fact: More students are choosing to attend college closer to home.
The National Center for Education Statistics reports that a college or university degree gives you more chances of higher employment and twice the salary potential of a high school grad! But the high cost of education, ranging from upward of $13,000 to $35,000 per year, might make your chances of attending college a little dicey.
There is help close to home! Colleges and universities all across the U.S. feature scholarships to attract students in their home state -- helping students from diverse economic and cultural backgrounds affordably attend full-time college or university degree programs. Keeping students in their home state makes sense. It helps the local state economy and retains high skilled employees to fill jobs in demands.
Our Top 5 Searched States:
- California State Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships in California
- Minority Scholarships In California
- Nursing Scholarships in California
- Scholarships for Women in California
- Tech Scholarships in California
- Florida State Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships in Florida
- Minority Scholarships In Florida
- Nursing Scholarships in Florida
- Scholarships for Women in Florida
- Tech Scholarships in Florida
- Georgia State Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships in Georgia
- Minority Scholarships In Georgia
- Nursing Scholarships in Georgia
- Scholarships for Women in Georgia
- Tech Scholarships in Georgia
- Michigan State Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships in Michigan
- Minority Scholarships In Michigan
- Nursing Scholarships in Michigan
- Scholarships for Women in Michigan
- Tech Scholarships in Michigan
- Texas State Scholarships
- Academic Scholarships in Texas
- Minority Scholarships In Texas
- Nursing Scholarships in Texas
- Scholarships for Women in Texas
- Tech Scholarships in Texas
With over $40 billion in total scholarships available, Schoolsoup.com is your most comprehensive, free online directory for scholarships by state (private and public, Two Year or Four Year). Find scholarship?s for colleges from Alabama to Wyoming including the biggies California, New York, Florida and Texas.
Your best bet is to start by looking at the colleges or universities in your home state or a state that interests you and contact them about their entrance requirements and to see if financial aid is available.
Next, make sure your Schoolsoup.com profile is up to date (if you don?t have one only take a few minutes to create your profile) and then watch your state scholarship matches roll in! Once you have an idea of where you can get some financial help make a plan to get applying! Our scholarship essay writing tips can also help.
It is possible that your profile won?t match the requirements to obtain a state scholarship but our directory provides you with some of the information needed to get your application process started.
Browse Scholarships by State:
Listing 1 to 51 of 51
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia