For more detailed information on state financial aid programs contact:

Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
P.O. Box 95005
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-5005
Phone: (402) 471-2847 | FAX: (402) 471-2886

The following are financial aid programs available to students who are residents of the state of Nebraska.

Access College Early Scholarship Program

The Access College Early Scholarship Program pays tuition and mandatory fees for qualified, low-income high school students to enroll in college courses from Nebraska's colleges or universities, either through dual-enrollment or early enrollment agreements with these institutions. High school students may apply for funding under this program by completing the ACE Student Application, which is reviewed by the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education (CCPE) for award consideration.
There are two basic criteria for high school students to qualify for the ACE Scholarship. Students must either be eligible to receive assistance under a variety of federal government programs or the student and his or her family must have experienced a recent hardship.

Applications for funds for the spring 2008 semester are currently being accepted. For students to find out more information on the ACE Scholarship and to complete an application, please go to the ACE Scholarship Student Application Form.

For institutions wishing to participate in the ACE Scholarship Program with Nebraska high schools, please go to the ACE Scholarship Program Institutional Application to Participate.


Nebraska State Grant

The state of Nebraska provides the Nebraska State Grant (NSG) to students who meet certain qualifications.  Qualifications include being a Nebraska resident, attending a Nebraska postsecondary institution and being eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.

The NSG is awarded through postsecondary institutions within the state.  Therefore, students must apply to the school to be considered for the grant.  All institutions require applicants to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is available from high school counselors, the EducationQuest College Planning offices located in Nebraska or on line at  Some institutions require an institutional application as well, so make sure you check with the financial aid office at the school(s) you are interested in attending. 
For additional financial aid information, students can contact EducationQuest.

State Financial Aid Information

Find state financial aid information for the specific state that you live in. Find contact information for your local federal aid office, and get details about specific federal aid programs in your area.