DCCCD Single Mothers Scholarship Fund
ATTENTION! - You are only seeing the preview mode of this scholarship. In order to view the detailed scholarship information and help us MATCH YOU to OUR vast scholarship database, please login or signup for your FREE SchoolSoup.com account.
|Provided by:||Foundation Scholarship Coordinator|
|The purpose of the Single Mothers Scholarship Fund is to provide financial assistance to deserving single mothers who attend any Community College in Dallas County. This scholarship is intended for those students who are unable to access other financial assistance in order to pursue courses in their associate and/or certificate degree plan. This scholarship is awarded to single mothers who are striving to attain their goals in education.
Two (2) students per semester at $250 each (depending on available funds) to be paid directly to the Community College for tuition, fees, and books for classes leading toward a degree or certificate completion
Applicant must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for this scholarship:
1. Complete a DCCCD Foundation Scholarship Appliocation
2. Must have a minimun 2.0 GPA
3. Must enroll in at least six (6) credit hours each semester
4. Must maintain a 2.0 GPA or better throughout the semester
5. Must maintain at least six (6) credit hours throughout the semester
6. Must be a single mother (twenty-five years old or younger) with children striving to attain their education
7. Must have custody of children
8. Must be a low-income single mother
9. Must be taking classes leading toward a degree or certificate completion.
Applicants must submit the following to their campus (DCCCD) Financial Aid department:
1. Complete a DCCCD Foundation Scholarship Application
2. A letter of recommendation
3. One-page essay describing your present and future goals (We will accept only essays that are typed)
4. Proof of income (tax return)
5. Custody of children (please present proof)
6. Proof of GPA
7. Proof of age
8. Proof of credit hours enrolled for current semester
PRIVATE STUDENT LOANS
Private student loans are a great way to help meet the total cost of your education when federal financial aid and scholarships aren't enough.
- Everyone can Apply
- Great Low Rates
- Cover all your Education Costs